CppMax Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ReportMax > ReportMax
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Report shows gray screen with no report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMcMoran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report shows gray screen with no report
    Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 9:13am
I was hoping for a little help. I am newbie programmer and trying to create a report within Visual Studio 2017. The report runs fine when ran from within Visual Studio or from the installed directory on my primary computer. The problem is ... when I deploy the program and install it on a different computer all I get is a gray screen when I try and run the report. I am connecting to a Access database and the ConnectionString is set to:

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Users\RMcMo\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\QXPayrollManagementSystem\QXPayrollManagementSystem\PayrollCalculator.accdb

The SQL is set to:
SELECT [Tax Year], SUM([OVN Perdiem $]) AS [OVN Perdiem], SUM([Federal Withholding Tax]) AS [Federal Withholding], SUM([Medicare Withholding Tax]) AS [Medicare Withholding], SUM([Social Security Withholding Tax])
AS [Social Security Withholding], SUM([State Tax Withholding]) AS [State Tax Withholding], SUM([Employee 401K Wthholding]) AS [Emp 401K Withholding], SUM([Employee 401K Catchup Withholding]) AS [Emp 401K Catchup],
SUM([Flexible Spending Account]) AS [Flexible Spending], SUM([HSA Employer Contribution]) AS [Employer HSA], SUM([HSA Additional Funding]) AS [HSA Additional Funding], SUM([Medical - Before Tax]) AS [Medical Before Tax],
SUM([Employer Paid Medical]) AS [Employer Medical], SUM([Union Dues]) AS [Union Dues], SUM([Current Fed Taxable Gross]) AS [Federal Taxable Gross], SUM([Social Security Taxable Income])
AS [Social Security Taxable Gross], [Employer HSA] + [Flexible Spending] AS [Total HSA], [Federal Taxable Gross] + [Emp 401K Withholding] AS [Medicare Taxable Income]
FROM Payroll
GROUP BY [Tax Year]
HAVING ([Tax Year] = '2016')

The ReportFile is set to the correct .rpm file within Visual Studio.

Do you know where I am going wrong? I would really like this report to display when installed elsewhere!
emadns View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emadns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 12:37pm
Hi

Please use relative paths in ConnectionString and ReportFile properties. The ConnectionString and ReportFile paths are relative to the executable file location. If you move the exe to another server, make sure to keep the relative paths valid.

Other than that, please include Viewer control dll (CppMax.ReportMax.ReportMaxViewer.dll. Also include DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll along with the exe in the same location.

If all did not work, please send us a sample to support@cppmax.com and we can tell you what went wrong.
emadns View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emadns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 12:59pm
You also need the report file .rpm located at the relative path specified by ReportFile property when drploying.
RMcMoran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RMcMoran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 7:14pm

Thanks for your quick help! I made the recommended changes and now the report displays when installed on a different server! Your the best!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply